• What is the meaning of “Soo Baek Hyang”?
• Who is the real Soo Baek Hyang figure in ancient Japan’s texts, the Kojiki and the Nihonshoki?
• When and where did the drama take place?
• Who are the kings of Baekje?
• What are the names of main characters?
• What is the historical background of Baekje in the late 5th and early 6th century?
How to make the knot of unity:
Do you have answers to some of these questions? Or more questions or comments? Please let us hear from Subaekhyang lovers!
*King Muryeong: In 2001, Japan’s Emperor Akihito acknowledged a distant relationship with Muryeong. He explained, “I, on my part, feel a certain kinship with Korea, given the fact that it is recorded in the Chronicles of Japan that the mother of Emperor Kammu was of the line of King Muryong of Baekje.”